Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replication File System become RAW.

mgf8
Level 3
Partner
Hi all,

I was just wondering does anyone of you here have the experience that the file system of the secondary replication volume (Secondary RVG) turned RAW after the replication have commenced?

I am using the backup and restore method to do the initial sync for a pretty large volume across a region.
After the restoration of the volume, the file system for the secondary volume reflects as "NTFS" but the problem comes only after the replication have started. Once the replication have started, the file system becomes "RAW". And even though I have paused, enable data access and mount up the secondary volume, I still do cannot see or access the drive. The volume status is then reflected as "RAW".

May I check with the experts or gurus here that what could be the cause of the problem and is there any workaround or remedies to it?

Thanks...

Michael

1 REPLY 1

TomerG
Level 6
Partner Employee Accredited Certified
Haven't tested this recently (playing with UNIX now), but you shouldn't be using a secondary AT ALL unless you have either "migrated" or "takeover". Pausing replication does not mean you should access the secondary (unless you do a snapshot).

It may say RAW because the volume manager (VVR) is not letting you access the volume in that state, which is a safety feature since it shouldn't be accessed.