cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SFW 5.0 VVR issues with setting up

Azam
Level 2
Hello

I need a bit of help here, I bought SFW, SF Volume Replicator recently.

To test my config, i just want to replicate a folder to another server in VM environment.

can anyone guide me how i can do it?

I have installed SFW with VR option do i need the MS Cluster option also? (I did not buy HA version its standard ver of foundation). If not then how will the cluster option work as i did not buy HA.

Do i need to make Microsoft Cluster first before VVR can be configured?

Hope someone is out there to help me.

2 REPLIES 2

TomerG
Level 6
Partner Employee Accredited Certified
VVR doesn't need clustering.  That just makes it easier for automated failover management.

Just keep in mind that VVR is doing block level replication. This means the Secondary site will not allow you to mount the file system while the Primary is in use. If you want to test access to the file system on the secondary you can do so using snapshots. (this is a major confusion point for those not familiar with the product).

If you need in-depth assistance, I'd recommend attending a SF and/or VVR training course. SF for Windows is 2 days, and runs the basics of the volume management, but does not cover replication at all. The VVR course covers replication specifically.

Rishi_Bhaskar
Level 3
In vvr the replication in the secondary when in active mode does not allow access to data thatt means it seems invisible in realtime to access it stop replication . The product is great i love it better than backup