cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help in VCS in single clustered environment without external storage.

Sridhar_sri
Level 5

I need a help in VVR + VCS environment.

Currently i have setup dual node in single cluster environment. I am not using any extrenal storage. I have created a disk group followed by volumes in it. To replicate the same, I have used VVR and its using SYNC Override method . Now i have configured VCS by designing in a such a way that bothe nodes comes under single cluster. Now the problem is , Replication after forming the cluster is not done. This i can ensure by bring up the secondary server(which is done by bring down the primary server.).

I can see that only one among the disk group will be imported ,since in VCS configuration, while creating Service group for Replication, in VMdg resource, only among the node is online. So ,though the RVG and RDS exists , replication is not done , since the other disk group is deported.

Is there any way to solve this problem. Any tips is much useful.

Thanks in Advance, Sri.

1 REPLY 1

TomerG
Level 6
Partner Employee Accredited Certified
You need to setup a RDC, which is to say that if both nodes are in the same cluster, you need to have a VVR service group that runs on both nodes simulateously (parallel), and another service group that has a dependency on the VVR service group, that actually starts the replication using a RVGPrimary resource. 

Look in the VVR admin guide: "Veritas Storage Foundation Volume Replicator Administrator’s Guide" (this is the Windows version, although you can look at the Solaris/UNIX one too... same thing), at the chapter "Configuring VVR in a VCS environment" (page 265 illustrates this). Or you can actually install and use the VCS simulator which comes with some clusters using VVR (although they are Global Clusters, not all-in-one cluster).