cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refresh SharePoint users

NDL
Level 1

My SharePoint connector is pauzed because we have 16 SharePoint users but 15 O365 licenses. I have reduced the number of SharePoint users (in Office365 Admin) below the 15. After a few days the SharePoint count within the Veritas Saas Backup Console still counts 16 users. How can I reset this count?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Gagan_Singh
Veritas SaaS Backup captures SharePoint license for every user that has access to SharePoint in Office 365.

In order to qualify as a seat on SharePoint or Groups & Teams, the following must be true:
- User must be a member of at least one group or site
- User must be active
- User is not a guest
- User has at least one license that grants access to groups or sites
If all the above requirements are met, we count 1 seat for SharePoint or Groups & Teams.

-If you want to remove Sharepoint user from a site, please use Powershell cmdlet:
'Remove-SPOUser -LoginName <email address of the user>'
This will remove the user from all SharePoint sites.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Gagan_Singh
Veritas SaaS Backup captures SharePoint license for every user that has access to SharePoint in Office 365.

In order to qualify as a seat on SharePoint or Groups & Teams, the following must be true:
- User must be a member of at least one group or site
- User must be active
- User is not a guest
- User has at least one license that grants access to groups or sites
If all the above requirements are met, we count 1 seat for SharePoint or Groups & Teams.

-If you want to remove Sharepoint user from a site, please use Powershell cmdlet:
'Remove-SPOUser -LoginName <email address of the user>'
This will remove the user from all SharePoint sites.