cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot mount MountV Resources after Upgrade

Sigi
Level 4

Hi

Today i upgraded our Test-environment from 5.1 SP1 to SP2. All went smothly through the installation process, but after the reboot, the eventlog is full of this messages and i cannot start the mountV resources:

MountV:LAB_DATA4:monitor:CheckFSAccess not configured

- <System>
  <Provider Name="AgentFramework" />
  <EventID Qualifiers="1514">9006</EventID>
  <Level>2</Level>
  <Task>0</Task>
  <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
  <TimeCreated SystemTime="2011-01-19T13:09:19.000Z" />
  <EventRecordID>39924</EventRecordID>
  <Channel>Application</Channel>
  <Computer>Servername</Computer>
  <Security />
  </System>
- <EventData>
  <Data>MountV:LAB_DATA4:monitor</Data>
  <Data>CheckFSAccess</Data>
  </EventData>
  </Event>

Have i missed something Pre- or post-installation?
Where can i configure this CheckFSAccess? I Found it in the VCS_BundledAgents s.41 but cant find it anywhere...

Thanks in advance.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Wally_Heim
Level 6
Employee

Hi Sigi,

I'm guessing that you are using SFW-HA 5.1 SP2 - the windows product.  If this is not what you are using please let us know.

With the upgrade to 5.1 SP2 there are some types changes that happen with a few agents including the MountV resource.  There can be a issue with the types.cf file if performing a rolling upgrade and not following the steps as outlined in the Installation and Upgrade Guide exactly where the types.cf file is acidently reverted back to an older version after the upgrade.

Please open your type.cf file in the %vcs_home%\conf\config folder and check the MountV entry.  

For SFW-HA 5.1 SP2 it should appear as follows for :

type MountV (
    static i18nstr ArgList[] = { MountPath, VolumeName, "VMDGResName:DiskGroupName", ForceUnmount, ListApplications, AutoFSClean, "VMDGResName:DGGuid", PurgeStaleMountPoints, CheckFSAccess }
    i18nstr MountPath
    str VolumeName
    str VMDGResName
    str ForceUnmount = READ_ONLY
    boolean ListApplications = 1
    boolean AutoFSClean = 1
    str MountResName
    boolean PurgeStaleMountPoints = 1
    boolean CheckFSAccess = 0
)

Here is an example of what SFW-HA 5.1 SP1 MountV types looks like:

type MountV (
static keylist SupportedActions = {CheckFSAccess}
static i18nstr ArgList[] = {MountPath, VolumeName,
"VMDGResName:DiskGroupName", ForceUnmount, ListApplications,
AutoFSClean, "VMDGResName:DGGuid", "MountResName:MountPath",
PurgeStaleMountPoints}
i18nstr MountPath
str VolumeName
str VMDGResName
str ForceUnmount = READ-ONLY
boolean ListApplications = 0
boolean AutoFSClean = 0
str MountResName
boolean PurgeStaleMountPoints = 0
)

Notice the change in the CheckFSAccess line between the two versions (hightlighted in bold.)

If you find that you are using the older types.cf file/MountV definition, please open a case with Symantec Technical Support so that we can work with you to get a new 5.1 SP2 Types.cf file that matches your configuration with the correct enterprise agents that you are running.

Thanks,

Wally

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Wally_Heim
Level 6
Employee

Hi Sigi,

I'm guessing that you are using SFW-HA 5.1 SP2 - the windows product.  If this is not what you are using please let us know.

With the upgrade to 5.1 SP2 there are some types changes that happen with a few agents including the MountV resource.  There can be a issue with the types.cf file if performing a rolling upgrade and not following the steps as outlined in the Installation and Upgrade Guide exactly where the types.cf file is acidently reverted back to an older version after the upgrade.

Please open your type.cf file in the %vcs_home%\conf\config folder and check the MountV entry.  

For SFW-HA 5.1 SP2 it should appear as follows for :

type MountV (
    static i18nstr ArgList[] = { MountPath, VolumeName, "VMDGResName:DiskGroupName", ForceUnmount, ListApplications, AutoFSClean, "VMDGResName:DGGuid", PurgeStaleMountPoints, CheckFSAccess }
    i18nstr MountPath
    str VolumeName
    str VMDGResName
    str ForceUnmount = READ_ONLY
    boolean ListApplications = 1
    boolean AutoFSClean = 1
    str MountResName
    boolean PurgeStaleMountPoints = 1
    boolean CheckFSAccess = 0
)

Here is an example of what SFW-HA 5.1 SP1 MountV types looks like:

type MountV (
static keylist SupportedActions = {CheckFSAccess}
static i18nstr ArgList[] = {MountPath, VolumeName,
"VMDGResName:DiskGroupName", ForceUnmount, ListApplications,
AutoFSClean, "VMDGResName:DGGuid", "MountResName:MountPath",
PurgeStaleMountPoints}
i18nstr MountPath
str VolumeName
str VMDGResName
str ForceUnmount = READ-ONLY
boolean ListApplications = 0
boolean AutoFSClean = 0
str MountResName
boolean PurgeStaleMountPoints = 0
)

Notice the change in the CheckFSAccess line between the two versions (hightlighted in bold.)

If you find that you are using the older types.cf file/MountV definition, please open a case with Symantec Technical Support so that we can work with you to get a new 5.1 SP2 Types.cf file that matches your configuration with the correct enterprise agents that you are running.

Thanks,

Wally

Sigi
Level 4

Your right, we are using the SFW-HA 5.1 SP2  for Windows.

You mean the Step after the Upgrade in s.150 in the manual(SFWHA_InstallUpgrade) right?

I cant find a folder on this location:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\ApplicationData\Veritas\cluster server\vpibackup

Can i take ervery types.cf file from a other server with the same OS/SFW Version?

Sigi
Level 4

Well, i made this test with the types.cf from a other server which was freshly installed with Sp2.

i replaced the old types.cf with the new one and everything works fine now.
I guess this is not the supported way to solve this error?

Wally_Heim
Level 6
Employee

Hi Sigi,

You method to resolve this by taking the types.cf from a working cluster would have been what we would have done in Symantec Technical Support.  As long on the new types.cf has all of the enterprise agents that you are using it will be fine.

The ApplicationData folder in All Users is typically hiden.  You will need to adjust your Windows Explorer settings to show hiden folders in order to see it.

I'm glad everything is working fine for you.

Thanks,

Wally