cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DG(mirror) went offline when 1 lun in DG failed.

pgm10s
Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified

Hello

I have configure Cluster DG with MS cluster.

On the share DG, I configure mirror volume that come from 2 storages. So in DG we have 2 plexes , 2 Disk (LUN).

When 1 of LUN failed (1 of storage failed), why the entire DG failed (offline)?

But I can manual import DG because 1 plex is still good.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

pgm10s
Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified

Please see our DG configuration

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Please post errors, there should be something in th event viewer. It could be because chkdsk is set to 1 and the volume was dirty.

Wally_Heim
Level 6
Employee

Hi pgm10s,

The diskgroup should stay imported when it has lost upto 50% of the disks in the diskgroup.  Since you mentioned that there are only 2 disks, I would think that there might be a different issue going on.  I've seen issues where customers have expanded their volumes and the subdisks get placed on the wrong drive so that when 1 drive is lost there is only part of the subdisks for each plex available.Or there could be a log for the volume that is only on one drive and not the other.  Can you provide a screenshot of VEA of the subdisks tab for the volumes in this diskgroup?  I've attached a screenshot from one of my lab systems to give you an idea of what I would like to see.

As always, you can open a case with Symantec Technical Support if you need more direct or quicker resolution to your issue.

Thank you,

Wally