Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting RDS on VCS

K_G
Level 6
Partner Accredited
hi,
i couldn't found the TN  how to delete “replicated data set”  RDS on VCS. 
they are member of RVG Cluster Resource’s so i couldn't delete directly.
do you know the procedure of this operation?(SF for windows)
thanks..
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Jay_Kim
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified
You can simply stop HAD first on that node. (cluster service)

hastop -local -force

Then you will be able to delete the RDS/RVG as cluster is not monitoring it anymore.

But..... Because you are permanently deleting it from your environment it seems, you should delete the relevant RVG resource/s from the cluster first. (via java gui willd do)
This way, you wouldn't even need to stop the HAD as you have made the cluster not monitor that RVG anymore. (Hence VEA won't compain once resource is deleted)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Michael_Black
Level 4
Employee
Are you going to recreate the RDS, or are you just deleting it permanently?

K_G
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Hi Mike,
Our enterprise vault   vault store partitions replicated with SF.My old partition is Read only mode so i want to stop replication of this partition so i want to delete this RDS permanently.

Jay_Kim
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified
You can simply stop HAD first on that node. (cluster service)

hastop -local -force

Then you will be able to delete the RDS/RVG as cluster is not monitoring it anymore.

But..... Because you are permanently deleting it from your environment it seems, you should delete the relevant RVG resource/s from the cluster first. (via java gui willd do)
This way, you wouldn't even need to stop the HAD as you have made the cluster not monitor that RVG anymore. (Hence VEA won't compain once resource is deleted)