Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Documentation SFW 5.1 SP1

hraju
Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified
Hello,

- I configured mirrorinng of quorum disk and integrated in MSCS. If I configure it as it is in documentation, there is a quorum resource in separate group "VMGroup" and not in "Cluster Group" (this is probably becasue it is about configuring MSCS Volume Manager resource in general - see SFW 5.1 SP1 documentation on page 519). I think that quorum resource should be in the "Cluster group".

- Also on page 532, there is "Select Dynamic Quorum from the list of possible quorum resources, as shown in the screen below." but there is no picture.

- And there are many missing cross-references in document. For example on pages: 50 67 117 130 131 147 148 177 etc...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

hraju
Level 4
Thank you for responses. I had troubles starting MS cluster and hot-fixes were provided from Symantec. I just wanted to point out some missing things in documentation.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

rhanley
Level 4
Hello hraju,
    I have not looked at the documentation yet, but you are definitely supposed to create the Quorum VMDg resource in the Cluster Group. Once configured and online, you can then modify the cluster properties and choose this resource for your Quorum. This is best practice and not technically a requirement.

I'm not sure if you are just pointing out the missing screenshot or if you were unable to find that location, but I'm including a screenshot below just in case

1. Right-click on ClusterName in left pane of Cluster Admin and select 'Properties'.
2. Select the Quorum tab
3. Choose your Quorum VMDg resource (that was created in the Cluster Group) that should appear in the drop-down menu.

If the VMDg resource doesn't show up:

- Ensure that the resource is online
- Ensure that you have created a volume in this Diskgroup (from within Veritas Enterprise Administrator, or VEA) and assigned it a drive-letter

I hope this helps.

- rjhanley

rhanley
Level 4
Hi,
  You should also look at this technote:

After upgrading to SFW 5.1 SP1 the MS cluster service fails to start when using a dynamic quorum.
http://support.veritas.com/docs/340754

Y
ou will need to apply this fix before moving your Quorum to Dynamic, otherwise, your Cluster Service will fail to start after moving it to dynamic.

- rjhanley

hraju
Level 4
Thank you for responses. I had troubles starting MS cluster and hot-fixes were provided from Symantec. I just wanted to point out some missing things in documentation.

Kimberley
Level 6
Partner
Hi @hraju,

Why don't you submit an Idea in the Storage and Clustering Ideas section for documentation improvement? We review these with product management monthly and forward ideas to other teams in Symantec as well.

Best,
Kimberley
~ Community Manager