Did you mean: 

Getting Tunable parameters

saravanan_sara1
Level 2
Hi all,

In Veritas Volume Manager for Solaris 5.0 i was using the command

> Vxdmpadm getune all

to get all the tunable parameters.

Is there any equivalent command in Veritas Storage Foundation 5.1 for Windows to get the tunable parameters ?

Note:
In Veritas Storage Foundation 5.1 for Windows there is a command

> Vxdmpadm arrayinfo <diskname>

Which will give the tunable parameter(Control Timer Settings)  only for  the particular array.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

rhanley
Level 4
Ok, here is some further information:

1. It is confirmed there is no equivelant to the Unix command to return all array info, and it will be necessary to choose a disk from each array in order to get a full picture of your environment.

2. Unix DMP uses its own multipathing engine, so you will see a lot more tunables that are configurable on that side. On the Windows side, we are working through the MPIO Windows framework, and what you see is only a handfull of parameters that are 'tunable'.

Futhermore, it is highly recommended that these parameters not be changed, and any change would actually come from a Windows DMP Engineer and this would be due to a unique hardware configuration that could potentially require tweaking. This is extremely rare, and in 99.9% of cases, these tunables will want to remain at the default levels.

If there is concern with the default parameters, then I would suggest opening a Support case so any issues you are encountering can be looked at in more depth.

I hope this answers your questions, and please let me know if you need any further clarification.

Thank you,
Robert

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

rhanley
Level 4
Hello,

I am doing a bit of research on my side on this query, but as it stands now, it appers that there is no single command that can be run to provide the output of all connected arrays, but instead, a command would have to be run from one disk attached to each array. This of course is using the 'vxdmpadm arrayinfo' command you mentioned.

I'll provide another post when I know for sure whether or not this is possible.

- Robert

rhanley
Level 4
Ok, here is some further information:

1. It is confirmed there is no equivelant to the Unix command to return all array info, and it will be necessary to choose a disk from each array in order to get a full picture of your environment.

2. Unix DMP uses its own multipathing engine, so you will see a lot more tunables that are configurable on that side. On the Windows side, we are working through the MPIO Windows framework, and what you see is only a handfull of parameters that are 'tunable'.

Futhermore, it is highly recommended that these parameters not be changed, and any change would actually come from a Windows DMP Engineer and this would be due to a unique hardware configuration that could potentially require tweaking. This is extremely rare, and in 99.9% of cases, these tunables will want to remain at the default levels.

If there is concern with the default parameters, then I would suggest opening a Support case so any issues you are encountering can be looked at in more depth.

I hope this answers your questions, and please let me know if you need any further clarification.

Thank you,
Robert

saravanan_sara1
Level 2
Hi Robert,
         Thanks for ur valuable reply. It was very informative. If i have any further queries i will post query.

Thank you,
Saravanan