cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hekp - VVR

Sally_Carin
Level 3

Have two servers. One has 2 Tera, but it has information, data. And the other, also has 2 Te, but empy. How can i do the replication easly, and automatic.

Thanks.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Donald_Cook
Level 3
Employee Accredited Certified

VVR, when adding the secondary, will automatically create the volumes on the DR site. Create a disk group on the secondary site with the same disk group name. Once the disks have been added you can complete the Wizard to set up replication.

Insure that you have network connectivity between the two sites. Also, ensure that you have enough available storage on the DR site. You will need a static IP for both sites for replication. Asynchronous will probably be the replication mode that you will use.

Also, if you need additional assistance with VVR please feel free to open a support case with us. We would be more than happy to provide assistance.

View solution in original post

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Note you need to use the GUI if you want volumes to be created automatically, so if you use the CLI vxrds/vradmin then you need to create volumes on the secondary.  I am guessing you will use GUI, but if you do want to use CLI, then let me know as actually it is quite straight forward.

Mike

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Donald_Cook
Level 3
Employee Accredited Certified

VVR, when adding the secondary, will automatically create the volumes on the DR site. Create a disk group on the secondary site with the same disk group name. Once the disks have been added you can complete the Wizard to set up replication.

Insure that you have network connectivity between the two sites. Also, ensure that you have enough available storage on the DR site. You will need a static IP for both sites for replication. Asynchronous will probably be the replication mode that you will use.

Also, if you need additional assistance with VVR please feel free to open a support case with us. We would be more than happy to provide assistance.

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Note you need to use the GUI if you want volumes to be created automatically, so if you use the CLI vxrds/vradmin then you need to create volumes on the secondary.  I am guessing you will use GUI, but if you do want to use CLI, then let me know as actually it is quite straight forward.

Mike