Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSCS 2003 SFW 5.0 to Failover Cluster 2008 R2 with SFW 5.1

migeauxy
Level 3

Hi

We're in the process of migrating the follwing environment :

- 3 windows 2003 Ent Server in a MNS MSCS cluster

- Veritas Storage Foundation 5.0 (No MP)

- IBM DS8XXX Storage

To the following environment :

- 2 Windows 2008 R2 SP1 in a Failover Cluster

- Veritas Storage Foundation 5.1 SP2

- Same IBM DS8XXX Storage

I'm planning on installing the 2008R2 failover Cluster beside the 2003, then import the disks, then start the Cluster Resource (I'll add another Windows 2008 no-R2 step to convert the Cluster resource configuration)

has anyone ever done this ?

will I encounter problems while Importing the disks from VSFW 5.0 to VSFW 5.1 SP2 ?

are there special steps I'd need to do before or after disk import ?

Thanks

Yan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

There shoud be no problems importing the diskgroups from SFW 5.0 to SFW 5.1 SP2 .  These 2 versions use the same diskgroup version of 50, but even if you were importing from 4.x, SFW 5.1 can still import these diskgroups and you then would have the option to upgrade diskgroup to get the latest features.

So as SFW 5.0 and SFW 5.1 SP2 use the same diskgroup version, you have no post import options to uprgade diskgroup version.  Obvioulsy you need to deport from SFW 5.0 (i.e offline MSCS cluster group which does this deport) before importing on 5.1, but I am sure you realise this!

Mike

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

There shoud be no problems importing the diskgroups from SFW 5.0 to SFW 5.1 SP2 .  These 2 versions use the same diskgroup version of 50, but even if you were importing from 4.x, SFW 5.1 can still import these diskgroups and you then would have the option to upgrade diskgroup to get the latest features.

So as SFW 5.0 and SFW 5.1 SP2 use the same diskgroup version, you have no post import options to uprgade diskgroup version.  Obvioulsy you need to deport from SFW 5.0 (i.e offline MSCS cluster group which does this deport) before importing on 5.1, but I am sure you realise this!

Mike