cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSSQL virtual instance connection problem

Z_Wasilewski
Level 2
Hello

I have a problem with Storage Foundation HA for Windows (5.0) with virtual instance of mssql 2000 server. I have two nodes (node A, node B for exmp). When node A is Up (MSSQL running on this node) the sql sever service manager cannot monitor virtual instance of mssql server (when i select virtual host\instance he shows me "Access denied"), but from node B there is no problems to do this. When i switch SQL service group from node A to node B, situation is reversing. From node B sql server service manager cannot conect to virtual instance, but from node A connecting without any problems. Its strenge, because from SQL Enterprise Manager, and application from third machine i can connect to virtual host\instance without any warnnings or problems. Cluster service, sql service and replication service between two clusters works fine. Node A and Node B are DNS servers and Domain Controllers for domain, i use Administrator account to do this operations.

Connection to virtual host\instance is needed to backup databases and files by Netbackup Exec 6.5.3.

Is someone have tha same problem ?

Regards Zbigniew Wasilewski
3 REPLIES 3

D_White1
Level 4
Employee Accredited

Did you run through the sp_dropserver / sp_addserver procedure to change the database to the virtual name?

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I really hope that Zbigniew managed to find an answer by now! I see that he had this problem about 18 months ago!

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Maybe he should upgrade to 5.1 SP2 :)