cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Failover Cluster Option Grayed Out | Veritas Storage Foundation for Windows Server 2008 R2

Azhari
Level 2

Hi,

I try install Failover Cluster Option after SFW is installed but the option is grayed out and cannot be select.Follow the instruction from Veritas Storage Administrator's Guide but still fail. (Page 539 in PDF).

Can anybody let me know the license features is include with Microsoft Failover Cluster?

My license type is :

VRTS STORAGE FOUNDATION 6.0 WIN FOR
OS TIER ENTERPRISE EDITION PER SERVER
STD LIC

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Actually, you have SF license for Windows Enterprise OS tier, but the SF license is not Enterprise Edition... meaning that your SF license is Standard edition.

So, you need VRTS STORAGE FOUNDATION ENTERPRISE 6.0 WIN FOR OS TIER ENTERPRISE EDITION.

Please speak to your reseller to obtain/upgrade to correct licensing option.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Gaurav_S
   VIP    Certified

Looking at the license table on

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO65988

I would say SFW Enterprise license should have Microsoft Failover Cluster option, infact that is the only license that has this option enabled.

Additionally looking at below link,

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/sfw-version-6-licensing

I would expect that your license should have the option. Please contact your licensing partner once to verify the license keys.

G

Azhari
Level 2

G - Thanks for your reply, without Microsoft Failover Cluster option selected, all my cluster disk will be offline and fail. I have review the licensing table, indeed my SFW should have MFOC options.

Previously I also create the case to Symantec Enterprise Support and they mention my license key entering is only for Dynamic Multipathing feature (DMP).

Gaurav_S
   VIP    Certified

Well, best people to contact at this point would be your License partner/SE, If you have case already open with Support, you can refer them to above links & mention that as per links you should have MFOC license enabled & they can also escalate to licensing team.

Alternatively, you can also login to licensing portal & enter your license keys, it should give a report out with features enabled, same report you can share with support & escalate further.

http://www.symantec.com/global/licensing/

G

Marianne

Actually, you have SF license for Windows Enterprise OS tier, but the SF license is not Enterprise Edition... meaning that your SF license is Standard edition.

So, you need VRTS STORAGE FOUNDATION ENTERPRISE 6.0 WIN FOR OS TIER ENTERPRISE EDITION.

Please speak to your reseller to obtain/upgrade to correct licensing option.

Azhari
Level 2

I'm checking this our Global Licensing team to contact patner/reseller. Btw, right now all my clusters servers enviroment is running with keyless evalution license key. Can I know any function will be disable after 60 days? Running vxlicrep -p to populate license info and it state the license type is PERMANENT.

Marianne

Functionality will not be disabled after 60 days, but you will see messages prompting you to update licensing. 

To be legally compliant, you will have to upgrade to correct licensing option.