cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating Many LUNS to a single LUN with SF in a cluster

BK__
Level 2

I'm working with a group and I am trying to migrate data from an old array to a new storage array.  They used SF to expand their volumes 10GB at a time, now they have 50 LUNs in a single volume.  I want to migrate the whole thing to a single LUN.  So my question is, can I do this with SF, can I do this without taking the cluster offline and most importantly how do I do it?

It is a couple of Windows 2003 and 2008R2 clusters (multiple) and SF v5.1/v6.0.1 

Thanks in advance 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Yes you can do this in SFW without taking the cluster offline - just add the new single LUN on the new array to the diskgroup and miror the volume containing 50 LUNs to it.  When the mirror is synchronised, you can remove the old plex (mirror) and then remove the 50 old LUNs from the diskgroup.

You can do all this in VEA - just right click on diskgroup to add and remove disks and right click on Volume and choose Mirror and then add or remove.

I/O to volumes continue during all of these, but the I/O may be slowed while mirroring.

Mike

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Yes you can do this in SFW without taking the cluster offline - just add the new single LUN on the new array to the diskgroup and miror the volume containing 50 LUNs to it.  When the mirror is synchronised, you can remove the old plex (mirror) and then remove the 50 old LUNs from the diskgroup.

You can do all this in VEA - just right click on diskgroup to add and remove disks and right click on Volume and choose Mirror and then add or remove.

I/O to volumes continue during all of these, but the I/O may be slowed while mirroring.

Mike

BK__
Level 2

Thanks.  I'll give it a shot