cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mount points getting assigned drive letters?

Project_Man
Level 4

We are setting up a new microsoft cluster on  a windows 2008 server.

We are using veritas foundation maager 5.1 for disk management.

We have 2 drives 1 GB each and 13 mount points of 250GB.

Now I created the disk groups and mount points and drive letters on the first cluster node, added the stoarge to the cluster and added a second node.

Now when I move the storage all the mount points get assigned drive letters in veritas foundation maager 5.1, how do we prevent this from happening?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Project_Man
Level 4

The correct long term solution for this issue is to install sp1 for volume manager.

SP1 holds the fix for this issue.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi,

I've seen this when you're setting up a cluster (VCS). Once you're completed with the configuration on one node and you move the Diskgroup to the other node, the mounts get assigned random drive letters.

Try unassigning these, deport and re-import. This should do the trick, and you'll then be able to online with the cluster.

Wally_Heim
Level 6
Employee

Hi,

This Symantec article has details and a solution to the situation that that you are describing.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH72031

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Wally

Project_Man
Level 4

The correct long term solution for this issue is to install sp1 for volume manager.

SP1 holds the fix for this issue.

Wally_Heim
Level 6
Employee

Hi Project Man,

SP2 was recently released for SFW 5.1.  It might be better to upgrade to SP2 which contains all off the post SP1 patches in it than go to 5.1 SP1 and then have to apply a bunch of patches.

Thanks,

Wally