cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible Scenarios of Path Status being Unhealthy

raghu_amilineni
Level 3
Hi,

I use  Veritas Storage Foundation Baisc 5.1 on Windows 2003 sp2.

The VEA displays 2 path for the LUN allocated. All the time the paths status is seen healthy.

When I went through the documentation I came to know that the status of the path becomes unhealthy when a path is not operational.

I have many tried out many ways to make the path not operational.But I coudlnt succeed. I tried by disabling HBA and removed the FC cable.

Can some one please tell me any possible way to make the status of the path as unhealthy.

Thanks in advance

RaghuDeep Amilineni

2 REPLIES 2

The_Dude1
Level 3

The easiest way is to remove the FC cable and then perform some read or writes to the volume.  It may take channel activity before the path fails and show's unhealthy/disabled.  If that does not work check your HBA settings to ensure the they are set properly to detect path failure and failover.

Jay_Kim
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified
I'm assuming you are using 2 HBA's and having 1 path on each? (Coz you can have a dual port HBA or multiple paths through 1 HBA etc)
Best way is to check either Emulex HBAnyware or Qlogic SanSurfer and make sure the path you removed is correctly reported here.
Then try creating some I/O for the disks and/or run a rescan on the storage agent just in case. (Could be simple as VEA gui not refreshing)