cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SFHA 5.0 for windows volume information through windows batch file??

Bryan69869
Not applicable

Hi,

We have a sql cluster clustered environment in which we have several instances. The servers are connected through SAN. Now when we present a lun to a server and created several volumes i want to be able to see the storage capacity of a particular volume. one way is to rightclick on the folder/volume within windows and see the capacity of the volume and what the free space is etc. is there a way to get this information through some kind of batchfile?

kind regards,

Bryan
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Wally_Heim
Level 6
Employee
Ok.  I just lost my nice write up on this one.  Here goes another try.

Bryan,

fsutil.exe from microsoft can be used to provide details from NTFS and I'm sure that it will display free space.

SFW has alters that can be set to send notifications based on % free space on configured volumes.  There are two alters (warning and critical) can be set with each sending notifications at a different % free space.  SFW can also be configured to automatically grow the volume if needed although a patch may be needed to get this to work on some versions of the product.

Thanks,
Wally

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Wally_Heim
Level 6
Employee
Ok.  I just lost my nice write up on this one.  Here goes another try.

Bryan,

fsutil.exe from microsoft can be used to provide details from NTFS and I'm sure that it will display free space.

SFW has alters that can be set to send notifications based on % free space on configured volumes.  There are two alters (warning and critical) can be set with each sending notifications at a different % free space.  SFW can also be configured to automatically grow the volume if needed although a patch may be needed to get this to work on some versions of the product.

Thanks,
Wally