cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SFW FlashSnap Scheduling for File Server?

Wolfman099
Level 2
I recently purchased the FlashSnap option for Storage Foundation for Windows on our File Server.  I am able to manually prepare and snap our volume.  I read through the Admin guide and it mentioned the option to schedule snaps for Exchange and SQL.  I would love to be able to do this for our File Server.  Maybe once a week I would love an automated snap.  Is this something that can be done in the GUI or do I need to create custom scripts using the command line tools?  I'm sure that I could do it with the command line, but this is a cluster and if I can do it in the GUI I would prefer to do it that way.  

I appreciate any help.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Daniel_Schnack
Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified
The Snapshot Scheduler is only for Exchange, SQL and in 5.1 SP1, SharePoint. To perform scheduled snapshots, without NetBackup using the Advanced Client, you would need to create a script and execute this on a schedule. A lot of people use scripts for offhost backup of the data as they may not own NetBackup as their primary backup application which is currently the only application that can schedule the snapshots of regular volumes and perform the necessary disk group splits and disk groups joins that are required to refresh the data.

I hope that this helps,

Daniel

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Wolfman099
Level 2
Anyone else using Flashsnap out there??

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
I work for a reseller with many customers using FlashSnap. All of them use FlashSnap for off-host backups using NetBackup. The process is automated using the NetBackup Enterprise Client option.
I do not know if any other automated way using Symantec tools. Your best bet will be creating scripts and scheduling it via Windows scheduler.

Daniel_Schnack
Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified
The Snapshot Scheduler is only for Exchange, SQL and in 5.1 SP1, SharePoint. To perform scheduled snapshots, without NetBackup using the Advanced Client, you would need to create a script and execute this on a schedule. A lot of people use scripts for offhost backup of the data as they may not own NetBackup as their primary backup application which is currently the only application that can schedule the snapshots of regular volumes and perform the necessary disk group splits and disk groups joins that are required to refresh the data.

I hope that this helps,

Daniel