cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secondary Cluster resynchronization paused

yeow_km
Level 5

My cluster replication status is showing Activating with a orange Arrow pointing upwards.

Log Usage is at 42%.

this is my secondary cluster.

Under the Alert log, the status is showing resynchronisation paused.

how do i make sure that the resynchronization is resumed ??

Can I just do a right click stop replication and start the replication again ?

I am using Veritas Storage Foundation.

Enterprise Admin is version 3.3

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

yeow_km
Level 5

not sure why it was setup using TCP and IP address instead of UDP and hostname.

this was setup long ago before i join the company.

any way, the replication resumed after the secondary RVG was rebooted.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

shahfar
Level 5
Accredited Certified

Hi yeow_km,

If you stop and start, the entire volume will be resynchronized from the beginning, which is not advisable. Instead, right click on Secondary RDS and click on resume.

yeow_km
Level 5

I do not see the option to resume secondary RDS.

ShahbazW
Level 3
Partner Accredited Certified

It looks as if you are having a network issue. How long has the RVG been in this state? Check replication settings - Is it set to work on UDP or TCP?

If UDP is set, try changing it to TCP. If it is working on TCP, then you probably have NAT configured over your network. You will need to use hostnames instead of virtual IP's for RVG in this case.

yeow_km
Level 5

RVG has been in this state since last friday.

Its set to TCP.

It was working fine all along.

how do I use hostname instead of IP address?

shahfar
Level 5
Accredited Certified

You should use hostnames instead of ip address if you are using NAT between your primary and DR. Try pinging the IP mentioned in the secondary RVG. If the address is pingable try the following if you can (and want to). It is reversible:

Change replication settings and note down the IP address used for secondary RVG. Change secondary RVG ip address to the actual host name of the secondary and wait for a few seconds. If replication starts, it is most probably the NATing that is causing this.

Once this is verified, change back the secondary RVG to the previous IP address. You can then move on to changing replication settings (and VCS settings) to use virtual host names.

shahfar
Level 5
Accredited Certified

In addition to the above, as per my understanding TCP has a lot of over head (in comparison to UDP). Is there a reason why you are using TCP?

yeow_km
Level 5

not sure why it was setup using TCP and IP address instead of UDP and hostname.

this was setup long ago before i join the company.

any way, the replication resumed after the secondary RVG was rebooted.