Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage Foundatin HA for Windows problems

Kenneth_Hansen
Level 6
Partner
Hi,

I've just installed the SFW HA 5.1 on 4 node cluster with OS Win 2008 SP2 Standard Full install. I do see SP2 is not stated in support documents but have nany one seen problems with installing SP2?
Under installing the cluster the first time, I got the ASIA error, but resolved that with fix from symantec.
After uninstalling I installed SFW HA again, completed ok.
But, I do see a problem under my device management. Every entry regarding DMP support, I get a ! mark on all entries. See pic under.
I could not find any new support pack for extended support on storage or DMP ( DDI Pack )

imagebrowser image

Anyone??
4 REPLIES 4

Kenneth_Hansen
Level 6
Partner
Find the DDI-2.1 Pack for SFW 5.1 but id did not help me.
Any one seen this problem? Remember my OS ins 2008 x64 SP2, I do know SP2 is not listet as supported yet.

Jay_Kim
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

On Windows 2008, regardless of SP1 or SP2, you need to install a feature called "Multipath IO" via server manager.
This is a Windows feature. Once you install this, you should find that the DSM drivers all will load fine. =)

But SP2 compatibility is still a question mark so definitely test it first before using it in production.

Kenneth_Hansen
Level 6
Partner
Thaks for you answer, yeah I did figure that out eventualy, so my error in device manager is now gone.
But stil have a problem. We ar using a Hitachi 9990V brand new one for that mater, no disk been used from this storage yet. When making a disk group on the 9990 one are to put some properties on the disks. We put windows and veritas cluster on ours and shared the disk to 4 nodes. All for nodes dine the SAN disk as UNKNOWN and I'm not able to write disk signature to it.

We are going to try to add new disk with different properties to it to see if it helps.
But if any one seen this before, please advice :)

Jay_Kim
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified
Well, if Windows can access the disk, we can.

The most common cause of disks not being properly detected/acessible is due to multipathing solution used and how it's setup.
(Simple test is to disable all other paths be it at the switch or at the host and uninstall all multipathing solution and see if it works as 1 path with no software managing the paths)

If using our VxDMP DSM, make sure you do not have any other multipathing solutions installed in conjunction.
Also, make sure latest storport drivers are installed for your HBAs.