Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage Foundation 6 and Windows 2003 MS Clustering

demo4119
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi .

I having some issue to failover my cluster node databases drive after i have performed a restoration of the entire systems OS due to hardware faulty.

We able to failover those shared drives outside the SFW configuration .

Can anyone advise how to check the current passive node SFW configuration is same as the Active node.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Wally_Heim
Level 6
Employee

Hi demo4119,

First, SFW 6.x does not support Windows 2003.  You are either running an older version of SFW or a newer version of Windows.  Windows restoration does this for all non-OS drivers that handle storage management operations and the process cannot be bypassed during the restore process.

The restore process of Windows disables the SFW drivers.  This is expected behavior from the point of view of the OS.  As Riaan mentioned, you should either repair the SFW installation or reinstall the SFW product to restore SFW to a working condition.

Thank you,

Wally

View solution in original post

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I agree with Wally - Compatibility is the first thing to check and confirm.

Please verify using the 6.0 SCL: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH153742  and then double-check what exactly are on the cluster nodes - SF and Windows versions.

Reinstallation of SF and ensuring that the MS Cluster agent is loaded should get everything working again.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RiaanBadenhorst

Firstly, I would reinstall/repair install SFW on both nodes to make sure its working fine.

Then, what are these issues? Can you manually import the diskgroups on both nodes?

Wally_Heim
Level 6
Employee

Hi demo4119,

First, SFW 6.x does not support Windows 2003.  You are either running an older version of SFW or a newer version of Windows.  Windows restoration does this for all non-OS drivers that handle storage management operations and the process cannot be bypassed during the restore process.

The restore process of Windows disables the SFW drivers.  This is expected behavior from the point of view of the OS.  As Riaan mentioned, you should either repair the SFW installation or reinstall the SFW product to restore SFW to a working condition.

Thank you,

Wally

Marianne

I agree with Wally - Compatibility is the first thing to check and confirm.

Please verify using the 6.0 SCL: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH153742  and then double-check what exactly are on the cluster nodes - SF and Windows versions.

Reinstallation of SF and ensuring that the MS Cluster agent is loaded should get everything working again.