Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use SFHAW 5.1 in iSCSI SAN environment

headbig
Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified
hello, all

I have two nodes sfha for windows system installed,and share a IBM DS3300 iSCSI SAN storage.

On iSCSI SAN,i created two logical drivers,and mapped to hostgroup which include my two nodes. These two logical drivers have a LUN number 0 and 1.
one logical driver is 150GB,and the other one is 10GB.

OK,i opened EVA, but only one shared disk display. I can not find the 10GB logical driver.

Where is my lost disk?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Were the IBM DSM modules selected during SFW installation?

Also see the following note in HCL:

Note 17: IMPORTANT: These arrays require additional configuration steps in order to work properly with Veritas Storage Foundation for Windows. Before attempting to use any of these arrays with Veritas Storage Foundation for Windows DMP software, please contact the array hardware manufacturer for additional configuration instructions and updates. Several special settings must be enabled on these arrays to allow compatibility with DMP, including Auto Volume Transfer (AVT), also referred to as Auto Logical Drive Transfer (ADT). Specific firmware levels from the manufacturer for these arrays may also be required.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Marianne
Level 6

Can you see both luns in Device Manager -> Disks?

headbig
Level 4

Yes, I can see the two lun in iSCSI initators session.
and opened device manager, i could see two ibm***** disk.

Marianne
Level 6

Were the IBM DSM modules selected during SFW installation?

Also see the following note in HCL:

Note 17: IMPORTANT: These arrays require additional configuration steps in order to work properly with Veritas Storage Foundation for Windows. Before attempting to use any of these arrays with Veritas Storage Foundation for Windows DMP software, please contact the array hardware manufacturer for additional configuration instructions and updates. Several special settings must be enabled on these arrays to allow compatibility with DMP, including Auto Volume Transfer (AVT), also referred to as Auto Logical Drive Transfer (ADT). Specific firmware levels from the manufacturer for these arrays may also be required.

headbig
Level 4
I have not install all DMP modules.

Let me update the installation to have a retry.

Thank you!

headbig
Level 4
Now ,i installed all modules of SFHA for windows. But i still could not see my second shared disk.

Maybe,i need to call IBM for support.

Thank you!

Marianne
Level 6

Good idea - that's what the note in the HCL says.....