Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VEA v Cluster Manager

stephenkeogh
Level 2
Hi there ...

Veritas Storage Foundation for Windows 5.1
Cluster Manager (Java Console) 5.0

I am a SQL Server DBA and wish to switch the SQL Server resource(s) from Node-A to Node-B from time to time. Should I be using the Veritas Enterprise Manager (no login required) e.g. unmount - mount volume(s) ... or the Cluster Manager (Java Console) e.g. Switch to Node-B (VCS User required)

Thank you for any guidance

Steve 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Jay_Kim
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified
Veritas Enterprise Administrator (VEA) gui is only used to perform volume manager tasks. (Such as creating volumes, diskgroups, import/deport or mount/dismount etc)

For actually managing the cluster such as SQL service group failover, offlining/onlining resources etc, you will need to use the Cluster Manager (java console).
As long as you have the service group setu pcorrectly with the right resources, when you switch the service group from Node A to Node B, it should fail it over fine.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Jay_Kim
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified
Veritas Enterprise Administrator (VEA) gui is only used to perform volume manager tasks. (Such as creating volumes, diskgroups, import/deport or mount/dismount etc)

For actually managing the cluster such as SQL service group failover, offlining/onlining resources etc, you will need to use the Cluster Manager (java console).
As long as you have the service group setu pcorrectly with the right resources, when you switch the service group from Node A to Node B, it should fail it over fine.

stephenkeogh
Level 2
Thank you for your assistance. I have marked your reply as the solution

Steve