cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VRTSWEB - With the release of the vulnerability

ITsupportguy
Not applicable
I've run a scan across my infrastructure that I support and found that this service is set for Manual.

Sorry for my ignorance. But, if I were to just disable this service. What functionality would I lose? If this service isn't running what would it impact?

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
VRTSweb is used for the Cluster web GUI.
If you did not setup a Web console in the ClusterService Service Group, it should be fine to disable the service.

Info about this agent from the Budled Agent Reference Guide:

The VRTSWebApp agent brings Veritas Web applications online, takes them offline, and monitors their status. The application is a Java Web application conforming to the Servlet Specification 2.2 and runs inside of the Java Web server, which is installed as a part of the VRTSweb package. This agent is used to monitor the Web Consoles of various Symantec products, such as VCS and VVR.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Marianne
VRTSweb is used for the Cluster web GUI.
If you did not setup a Web console in the ClusterService Service Group, it should be fine to disable the service.

Info about this agent from the Budled Agent Reference Guide:

The VRTSWebApp agent brings Veritas Web applications online, takes them offline, and monitors their status. The application is a Java Web application conforming to the Servlet Specification 2.2 and runs inside of the Java Web server, which is installed as a part of the VRTSweb package. This agent is used to monitor the Web Consoles of various Symantec products, such as VCS and VVR.

Marianne
One more thing:
TechNote http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/337115.htm lists details of available patches for each version of SF. Consider installing the recommended patch.