Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VSF HA Uninstallation fails in Windows

Sridhar_sri
Level 5

hi,

During uninstallation i am getting this error :

" Veritas Storage Foundation HA 5.0 for Windows (Server Components) The computer selected is a node in a cluster. Before you can uninstall VSFW HA, you must use the VCS Configuration Wizard to either remove the node from the cluster or to delete the cluster. "

but i have deleted all the cluster related info... i dont know from where it if fetching .. can anyone help me how to solve this and uninstall my VSF HA product successfully..

thanks in advance, sridhar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Michael_Auria
Level 5
Employee Certified

Hi,

Please post this note to a more appropriate forum like Storage Foundation Family so the proper people can assist you.  The Veritas Installation Assessment Service is a utility to provide pre-installation information (currently supported on Unix platforms).

Michael Auria

Symantec Technical Support Engineer

Storage Foundation for Unix

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Michael_Auria
Level 5
Employee Certified

Hi,

Please post this note to a more appropriate forum like Storage Foundation Family so the proper people can assist you.  The Veritas Installation Assessment Service is a utility to provide pre-installation information (currently supported on Unix platforms).

Michael Auria

Symantec Technical Support Engineer

Storage Foundation for Unix

rhanley
Level 4
Hello,

I know this was posted quite some time ago, but perhaps this response will help someone in the future....

In order to Uninstall SFW from a server, you need to perform the following:

1. Remove the server from the 'SystemList' of each Service Group in the cluster. If you open the Java Console > Select a Service Group in the left pane, then choose the seventh icon from the left, when you cursor over this, it will state, 'Manage systems for a service group'.

Perform this for all configured Service Groups in your cluster.

2. Run the Veritas Cluster Server Configuration Wizard from Start > Programs > Symantec > Veritas Cluster Server > Configuration Tools > Cluster Configuration Wizard and choose to remove the node from the cluster.

If you have issues with either of the above steps, you can make some manual changes on the system to 'trick' it, but if your plans are to reinstall this node in the future, this wouldn't be a recommended option.

1. Go into services and stop the following services and set them to manual:

- Veritas Cluster Server Helper
- Veritas Command Server
- Veritas High availability engine
- Veritas VCSComm Startup

2. Open Regedit, backup, and delete the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Veritas\Cluster\VCS

* If this is 64-bit, go to HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Veritas\Cluster\VCS

3. Once done, run the Uninstall of SFW-HA through Add/Remove Programs again.

I  hope this helps.

Cheers,
Robert

Sridhar_sri
Level 5
HI Robert, 
              Actually  i have re-imaged my server for this problem, since i was not in a position to proceed further..So i willl make a note of it, if i face this in future, i will definitely make use of these steps..

Thanks for ur help.. and thanks for Michael Auria for providing updated cleanup scripts.

With regards,
sri