Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Veritas Enteprise Administrator Icon meanings

Marius_Gordon
Level 4
Certified

Hi

Where can I find more info about the icons used in Veritas Enteprise Administrator?

VEA.PNG

Thanks

Marius

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Wally_Heim
Level 6
Employee

Hi Marius and Mike,

Mike is right that not all of these are in the SFW Admin guide some are in other guides and some not listed in any guides.  However, here are the answers to your question.

The icon ClusteredDG.PNG is not listed that I can find in the guides.  But it is for disks that are in a clustered disk group.

The iconDMPActivePath.PNGis listed in the DMP Admin Guide on page 66.  It means that this "Path is Active".

Here are other DMP related icons listed on page 66 of the DMP Admin Guide that might also be of interest.

DMPAdminGuidePage66.PNG

The icon ThinReclamation.PNGis a disk that supports thin provisioning and storage reclamation.  It is found on page 81 of the SFW Admin Guide for 6.0.1.

Other icons on that page of interest are:

SFWAdminGuidePage81.PNG

Thank you,

Wally

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Wally_Heim
Level 6
Employee

Hi Marius,

The SFW Admin guide covers some or most of the icons that you are inquiring about.  The SFW Admin Guide for 6.0.1 is available at:  https://d1mj3xqaoh14j0.cloudfront.net/public/documents/sfha/6.0.1/windows/productguides/pdf/SFW_Admin_6.0.1.pdf

The problem is that the icons are not in a single location in the guide.  They are throughout the guide in different places.

Thank you,

Wally

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Wally,

I have never been able to find the meanings of all these icons - I don't think the SFW admin lists all of them - it lists 3 error symbols in "SFW error symbols" showing the graphic symbols of

1. Yellow Caution triangle with "!"
  2. Blue Information circle with "i"
  3. Blue Errror circle with "X"

But other than this I can't find much else apart from some text descriptions of some icons like 

The Preferred Path is identified with a blue checkmark on the icon.

But it is bit rubbish to just have a text description as for instance the example picture in the opening post shows a green circle with a blue surround so is this the "blue checkmark" or a green checkmark which means something else?

In the section prior to "SFW error symbols", there is a list of 9 Disk states and 9 volume states but there is no description or graphic of what the icon would be for each of these states.

In terms of what the yellow star or blue flower means on the disks in the example picture in the opening post, I don't know - how are you supposed to find the right part in the SFW admin guide if indeed these are listed?

Is there a reason why there is not a table of states - are these states meant for Support only as I guess Support must have a list of what these states mean as if Support don't know, there is little point having different icons for various states.

Mike

Wally_Heim
Level 6
Employee

Hi Marius and Mike,

Mike is right that not all of these are in the SFW Admin guide some are in other guides and some not listed in any guides.  However, here are the answers to your question.

The icon ClusteredDG.PNG is not listed that I can find in the guides.  But it is for disks that are in a clustered disk group.

The iconDMPActivePath.PNGis listed in the DMP Admin Guide on page 66.  It means that this "Path is Active".

Here are other DMP related icons listed on page 66 of the DMP Admin Guide that might also be of interest.

DMPAdminGuidePage66.PNG

The icon ThinReclamation.PNGis a disk that supports thin provisioning and storage reclamation.  It is found on page 81 of the SFW Admin Guide for 6.0.1.

Other icons on that page of interest are:

SFWAdminGuidePage81.PNG

Thank you,

Wally

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Thanks Wally,

It would be good to get all this info complete and in one place in future guides or a tech note.  For now, I use vxprint to find out most states.

Mike

Wally_Heim
Level 6
Employee

Hi Mike,

That sounds like a good idea.  I'll forward this thread to our Knowledge Management group to have them work on a tech note for this type of information.

Thank you,

Wally

Marius_Gordon
Level 4
Certified

Thanks Wally. This helps a lot.

Regards

Marius

Kimberley
Level 6
Partner

Thanks for this discussion - I'm cross-referencing this post in the SF Documentation forum so that the InfoDev team is aware of this discussion and can take action accordingly.

Best,

Kimberley

~ Community Manager