cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volume lost it's NTFS partition after deport and import

KaForce
Level 2

I have a vendor on site that deported a disk group from one VSF 5.1 HA server and imported it on another VSF 6.0 server. We rescanned and imported the disk group and notice one of the volumes showed up as RAW instead of NTFS.

We ran check disk VOLNAME:\ /f and once the report saw the vol info and that it was NTFS. Upon a rescan, still no luck. We are not sure what to do next. We DO NOT have a backup of this volume (not my fault) and we cannot afford to loose the data stored.

We do have symantec involved but I have not been updated. I wonder if the header is corrup and could be edited.

4 REPLIES 4

Wally_Heim
Level 6
Employee

Hi KaForce,

It is hard to say what is going on with the details that you provided.  If the volume is not accessible on the 6.0 system, then you might want to move it back to the 5.1 system to see if it can still access the volume.  This would atleast give you the chance to perform a backup on the volume.

Other than that, you can call into Symantec Technical Support at anytime to get an update on your case.  You can also request that your case be redispatched to the next available TSE if you are ready to work on the issue and the TSE that you were working with is no longer on duty.

I hope that you get your issue resolved quickly.  I know how stressing that it can be in this type of situation.

Thank you,

Wally

Zahid_Haseeb
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Does this disk was part of any Raid with local disk on previous system ?

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

This thread is 6 weeks old... hopefully problem was resolved on the same day.

It would be nice if KaForce could update this post and tell us what the outcome was.....

Zahid_Haseeb
Partner    VIP    Accredited

I feel ppl are in hury ;) they even dont want to atleast tell the after resolution