Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Gui Permissions

niclab
Not applicable
Accredited

Hi all,

I'm new to the forums, so please let me know any other information that is normally helpfull.

I have recently been on site to a customer to install SFWHA 6.0.1 on a Windows 2008 R2 server. However, after completing the installation and going to configure items within Enterprise Administrator I am continually confronted by the message reporting "insufficient privileges" when trying to run any task.

I have confirmed that the account I am signed in with is a member of the local Administrator group, and the UNC is disabled, but the message continues to appear.

To get around the issue during installation I have been able to complete the installation from the command prompt, which hasn't even needed to be "run as administrator". The Gui window is showing all of my changes but still won’t allow me to complete any wizards.

Has anyone come across this before?

The site I am on is using many group policy options and the question has been raised on if there are any pre-requisites on these? Or if these wouldn't have an impact.

The only test that I wasn't able to complete was to get logged on with just the local administrator account, or with a full system administrator account. However, even if doing this were to prove the system works, the question would still remain asking what is preventing the original account from working.

Thanks

Nic

1 REPLY 1

joseph_dangelo
Level 6
Employee Accredited

NIclab,

The issue you are experiencing is more than likely caused but the Security Settings inherit to Windows 2008 R2.  Have you tried launching the VEA console "As Administrator"

If that does not resolve the issue, you can try to manually enter the domain\username when prompted in VEA to log on a different user.

Hope this helps.

Joe D