cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dependence between groups of services automatically

AdrianoRodrigue
Level 3

Hello we have two Linux and am using Veritas 5.1, with several groups of services and I am trying to set up a dependency between these groups.
Already created the link between these groups and would just like to take a course.

The VCS has the option of going by starting the service groups dependent child of the parent group?

Ex: I have groups of services: Filesystem Mount_filesystem, Mount_samba.

When I ask the Filesystem get online at a given node, the VCS would automatically place the group and Mount_filesystem Mount_samba? without my manual intervention?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AdrianoRodrigue
Level 3

I wish that when I ask a child group remain online. automatically add it your father, and also online in a row also request that their children go online.

But better analyzed and understood that this was not a good solution.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

TonyGriffiths
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi

The basic start behavior of a service group is defined in the service group attributes such as AutoStart and SystemList

The service group dependecies can be used to customize the behavior of linked service groups including their start up (online) order. i.e An online local dependency defines that a child service group must be online before the parent service group can online.

Could you expand a bit more on your requirement ?

cheers

tony

AdrianoRodrigue
Level 3

I wish that when I ask a child group remain online. automatically add it your father, and also online in a row also request that their children go online.

But better analyzed and understood that this was not a good solution.