cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did you hit that SFW5.1 can't discovery any NIC?

brant
Level 3
Employee

Hello.

I am going to set up a VCS cluster(with Windows Server 2008 OS) env by VMware workstation.

My steps:

1. Install Windows Enterprise Server 2008(hostname:hv) on a DELL PC as Domain Controller, domain name is: hvad.com.

2. Install two Windows Enterprise Server 2008 VM. One is: vcsmaster, another is vcsslave.

Each has three NICs. One for domain network,the other two for private network.

3. Then  vcsmaster and vcsslave join domain hv.com successfully.

4. Then install SFW5.1 on all of the windows 2008 boxes(hv,vcsmaster, vcsslave)

5.  Then on hv to run VCW(Veritas Cluster Wizard) to create a Cluster.

6. The question popup: After select systems(vcsmaster, vcsslave) to create a cluster, click Next, it do node validation, and then it says: "Less than 2 network cards are available. network cards with DHCP enabled are not supported VCS heartbeat"

7. Why? I add three NIC to  vcsmaster(3NIC) and vcsslave(3NIC). And the network is working well.

Additional Q: Do I have to setup the Microsoft Cluster between vcsmaster and vcsslave before running VCW? 

Anybody know? Please help me out. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

brant
Level 3
Employee

Oh!

The main problem is done!

After I uncheck the "Using IEEE 802.1X as Authentication" (Path: Right click on a NIC -> Authentication) on all the NICs, the node validatation passed without any warnings:)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

brant
Level 3
Employee

Oh!

The main problem is done!

After I uncheck the "Using IEEE 802.1X as Authentication" (Path: Right click on a NIC -> Authentication) on all the NICs, the node validatation passed without any warnings:)

brant
Level 3
Employee

The Additional Q is done also.

I needn't install MSCS before VCW.