cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between Storage Foundation 6.0 and 6.1 certifications

ehasbun
Not applicable

Hi,

I would like to take the Storage Foundation certification exam and I'd like to know what is the difference between 6.0 and 6.1.  Should I just take 6.0 or is 6.1 better? How about Veritas cluster? Is there much to learn between 6.0 and 6.1?

Thanks

Eduardo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I am in the same boat - I have taken SF and VCS exams for version 6.0 more than 2 years ago and now need to prepare for 6.1 exams.

If you have not taken 6.0 yet, forget about that and concentrate on 6.1.

The Training links on Veritas are normally helpful to get an idea of what and how to prepare.

My experience with exams over the years is that a lot of 'basic' stuff is always asked in exams plus a good deal of new stuff in the new version.
To prepare for the new stuff, my starting point will be the 'What is new' section of 6.1 Release Notes. 

PS:

Probably a better idea to check if  version 7.0 Infoscale exams are out.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Marianne
Level 6

I will move this to Storage Foundation forum for better visibility.

Marianne
Level 6

I am in the same boat - I have taken SF and VCS exams for version 6.0 more than 2 years ago and now need to prepare for 6.1 exams.

If you have not taken 6.0 yet, forget about that and concentrate on 6.1.

The Training links on Veritas are normally helpful to get an idea of what and how to prepare.

My experience with exams over the years is that a lot of 'basic' stuff is always asked in exams plus a good deal of new stuff in the new version.
To prepare for the new stuff, my starting point will be the 'What is new' section of 6.1 Release Notes. 

PS:

Probably a better idea to check if  version 7.0 Infoscale exams are out.