cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error installing Veritas Cluster on Solaris X86

Randy_S
Level 2

When try to run the installer script on the Solaris X86, I get the following error:

./perl/bnin/perl cannot execute.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Gaurav_S
   VIP    Certified

Is perl installed ??  check for VRTSperl package in install directory ..also I see a different path here:

./perl/bnin/perl     it should be bin ??

G

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Gaurav_S
   VIP    Certified

Is perl installed ??  check for VRTSperl package in install directory ..also I see a different path here:

./perl/bnin/perl     it should be bin ??

G

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

You shouldn't need VRTSperl installed, but Gaurav is right that the path should be bin non bnin.

Relative in installer directory you should have perl/bin/perl and you should check this is executable and make sure you have downloaded x86-64 version, not Sparc and you can check this by:

[root@r5_sf51a mnt]# file perl/bin/perl

perl/bin/perl: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, AMD x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), for GNU/Linux 2.6.9, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.9, not stripped

[root@r5_sf51a mnt]# ls -l perl/bin/perl

-r-xr-xr-x 1 root root 1429235 Sep 15  2009 perl/bin/perl 

Above is from 5.1 (no SP1)

Mike

Randy_S
Level 2

Gaurav,

Yes perl is running and the path is ./perl/bin/perl. My typo.

Randy_S
Level 2

Mike,

You were correct. I have the sparc version. I will try the download page again and see if I can get the right version this time.

Thnaks

Randy_S
Level 2

Mike,

I ccanot find a download of VXFS (Storage Foundation) on the download page for Solarix x86. Can you give me a link to the downlaod.

Thanks

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I download products from http://www.symantec.com/business/products/trialware.jsp?pcid=2258&pvid=20_1 by clicking on Trailware link which asks you to login, but is free to register.

Then you need to download 

Storage Foundation and HA Solutions 5.1 SP1 for Solaris x64

Although link is "trialware", these are all "full" products which you can use as a "trial" if you don't enter license key, or use in Production by entering a licence key (or using VOM to manage licenses)

Mike