cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flag status unknown

rsthakur83
Level 3

Hi All,

I am trying to configure the nfs under VCS and getting the Flag status unknown error for NFSRestart service. So can you please suggest me the solution to this problem.

Attached is the screenshot of the vcs console and main.cf configuration file.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ravinder

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Gaurav_S
   VIP    Certified

Hi Ravinder,

something is not quite right above, the console you see unknown status for NFSRestart resource however that resource (nfsrst01) doesn't exist in your attached main.cf.

If this is the right main.cf, someone has edited the configured & replaced main.cf while cluster was running. It is appearing in console that means resource exists in kernel copy of main.cf. If this is the right main.cf, then you need to do "haconf -dump" so the kernel config will dump to main.cf.

Second thing, the NFS resource defined in console is "srvcnfs01" while in the main.cf it is "srvcsnfs01" which is why the resource might be in unknown state.

G

View solution in original post

Gaurav_S
   VIP    Certified

Good .. Please mark the post as solution by clicking "Mark as solution" button .. This button is available below every comment/response, mark the solution for the response you felt most appropriate

G

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Gaurav_S
   VIP    Certified

Hi Ravinder,

something is not quite right above, the console you see unknown status for NFSRestart resource however that resource (nfsrst01) doesn't exist in your attached main.cf.

If this is the right main.cf, someone has edited the configured & replaced main.cf while cluster was running. It is appearing in console that means resource exists in kernel copy of main.cf. If this is the right main.cf, then you need to do "haconf -dump" so the kernel config will dump to main.cf.

Second thing, the NFS resource defined in console is "srvcnfs01" while in the main.cf it is "srvcsnfs01" which is why the resource might be in unknown state.

G

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

The issue is that your NFS resource is called:

srvcsnfs01

But in the NFSRestart resource, the NFSRes is set to:

srvcnfs01

So you have an "s" missing before the "n"

Mike

rsthakur83
Level 3

Thanks a lot Gaurav and mike for your help now the issue get resolved.

Gaurav_S
   VIP    Certified

Good .. Please mark the post as solution by clicking "Mark as solution" button .. This button is available below every comment/response, mark the solution for the response you felt most appropriate

G

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

When I read Gaurav's first response, I read as far as "nfsrst01 doesn't exist in your attached main.cf" and then checked this out for myself and while checking it out, I noticed that you had a missing "s" in the NFSRes attribute, but I have just read all of Gaurav's post and noticed I have essentially just duplicated what Gaurav said, so I've marked  Gaurav's post as the solution as I didn't give any extra info.

Mike