cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gab membership showing two instances

Gaurav_singh
Level 4

Hi,

I configured VCS  6.0 in Sol 10, when i put gabconfig -a command it shows the below status,I am not able to get it why it is showing 2 membership, it should be one, please state its reason and help to resolve it.

bash-3.00# /sbin/gabconfig -a
GAB Port Memberships
===============================================================
Port a gen 18f401 membership 0
Port h gen 18f405 membership 0

Kindly let me know if anything else required from my side.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

If you mean why is it showing 2 lines this is because "port a" is for gab and "port h" is for VCS (had daemon) - this is completely normal.  If you stop VCS using hastop -local this will offline any service groups you have configured and you will then no longer see "port h" membership - just "port a".

Note also this is only show a 1-node cluster - if you have 2 nodes then you will see "membership 01" rather than "membership 0" and if you had 4 nodes then you would see "membership 0123" - each digit represents the llt node id is /etc/llthosts.

Mike

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

If you mean why is it showing 2 lines this is because "port a" is for gab and "port h" is for VCS (had daemon) - this is completely normal.  If you stop VCS using hastop -local this will offline any service groups you have configured and you will then no longer see "port h" membership - just "port a".

Note also this is only show a 1-node cluster - if you have 2 nodes then you will see "membership 01" rather than "membership 0" and if you had 4 nodes then you would see "membership 0123" - each digit represents the llt node id is /etc/llthosts.

Mike

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified