cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP 3PAR StorServ 7000/10000 and VxDMP 3.5 / 4

Graham_Fairbank
Level 2

I was wondering if anyone has experience using HP 3PAR StorServ 7000 / 10000 (V Class) with VxDMP 3.5, or 4.  It seems that these arrays are supported out of the box with 5 and 6.  In previous versions, the libvx3par ASL is available or embedded, but only supports E/F/S/T class 3PAR arrays.  

Although I chose Solaris for the OS, this is not an OS specific question.

Does anyone know of updated support information or have experiences with these integrations?  

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

stinsong
Level 5

Hi Graham,

HP 3PAR StorServ 7000 / 10000 (V Class) is released far after VxDMP 3.5, or 4. So I don't think VxDMP3.5 or 4 would support it. 

ASL is a support lib package to enable disk array with their compitable code. So you must apply a supported ASL for the disk array you used. If not so, the function would not be support officially and not guarrantee data consistency.

So you'd better upgrade VxVM/VxDMP to 5 or 6, but pls be informed VxVM 5.0 on Solaris will be end of support at Aug. 6, 2013

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

stinsong
Level 5

Hi Graham,

HP 3PAR StorServ 7000 / 10000 (V Class) is released far after VxDMP 3.5, or 4. So I don't think VxDMP3.5 or 4 would support it. 

ASL is a support lib package to enable disk array with their compitable code. So you must apply a supported ASL for the disk array you used. If not so, the function would not be support officially and not guarrantee data consistency.

So you'd better upgrade VxVM/VxDMP to 5 or 6, but pls be informed VxVM 5.0 on Solaris will be end of support at Aug. 6, 2013

starflyfly
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi,Graham

3.5/4.0 is very old version, I didn't find asl/apm for that version, but you can get some document about that version from sort: 

https://sort.symantec.com/documents

Graham_Fairbank
Level 2

Thank you, I know this is a far out pairing of old and new, so I was not expecting supported.  I was wondering if anyone had done it.  I know it's tough, so thank you for responding, all.