Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Howto enable DRL on a mirrored volume through VOM

George_Sarantid
Level 2
Partner Accredited

Hi,

I have installed the Storage Foundation Basic Edition ver. 6  and the Veritas Operation Manager v.5 on a RHEL 6.3 64bit demo server.

Then, I have created a volume and a mirror on than volume without DRL using the VOM interface.
I would like to know if I can enable the DRL on a mirror volume through the VOM web interface.

Also, I would like to know if I can use the DRL or the Fastresync to synchronize my mirrors after a system crash.

Regards,
George

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

You can enable DRL or DCO from VOM - see extract from "Veritas Operations Manager Management Server 5.0 Add-ons User's Guide" :

Enable FastResync option panel options
Use this wizard panel to enable FastResync for a snapshot volume that you want to create.
Table 6-3 Enable FastResync option panel options
  • FastReync (DCO) mirror 
  • DCO region size (KB) 
  • Enable DRL (Dirty region logging) 
  • Select DCO disks (By default Volume Manager decides disks to be used)

DRL (Dirty region logging) is used to synchronize mirrors after a system crash (i.e DRL tracks in flight transactions so you only need to resync those writes that were occuring at the time of the system crash).  DRL is available as part of Standard Licence

DCO (Fast Mirror resync) i used to synchronize mirrors after an array crash (i.e DCO tracks writes that occur on one array while the other is down - or all paths to array are down).  DCO requires and Enterprise license.

Mike

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

You can enable DRL or DCO from VOM - see extract from "Veritas Operations Manager Management Server 5.0 Add-ons User's Guide" :

Enable FastResync option panel options
Use this wizard panel to enable FastResync for a snapshot volume that you want to create.
Table 6-3 Enable FastResync option panel options
  • FastReync (DCO) mirror 
  • DCO region size (KB) 
  • Enable DRL (Dirty region logging) 
  • Select DCO disks (By default Volume Manager decides disks to be used)

DRL (Dirty region logging) is used to synchronize mirrors after a system crash (i.e DRL tracks in flight transactions so you only need to resync those writes that were occuring at the time of the system crash).  DRL is available as part of Standard Licence

DCO (Fast Mirror resync) i used to synchronize mirrors after an array crash (i.e DCO tracks writes that occur on one array while the other is down - or all paths to array are down).  DCO requires and Enterprise license.

Mike