cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linux 3.0 AS3, VSF4.0 MP1 DMP Issues

Stuart_Seabrook
Level 2
We are currently have:

2 x HP DL585 (4 x AMD 2.4) One has 2 x Qlogic 2342-E, the otherhas two Emulex LP9002E. Running Linux 3.0 AS Update 3, Veritas Storage Foundation 4.0 MP1.
Connected to McData Switches connecting to EMC DMX.

We have an issue with DMP not failing over seamlessly. Our initially tests was copying data and then disabling a port. We noticed two things, the copy process would hang for about 5 minutes. DMP doesn't appear to fail the controller.
Veritas requested we test pulling the cables as this is seen as a different test from disabling port????
We get similar results. This happens on both the Qlogic cards and Emulex.

Has anyone seen this?
2 REPLIES 2

Brendan
Not applicable
I'm also using VSF4.0 MP1 (with/without point patch6.1)on Solaris 9 64-bit and experiencing EXACTLY the same issue as you. I'm using NetApp storage through Brocade switches, and have very similar HBA's to what you have. (Emulex LP9002-F2)

Did you get a fix for this?

I've had to revert back to single path as i don't have the luxury of time. Veritas and NetApp were unable to help. Those copy test jobs i ran were just so unpredictable it couldn't possibly go like that into production.

Stuart_Seabrook
Level 2
This has now been escaleted to HP/Redhat/Veritas and EMC and they have all recognised that the problem exists. The problem I have been told is related to the SCSI layer within Redhat and not a Veritas issue.

We are waiting a response from Redhat as to the next step.