cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mirroring DCO & DRL - Windows Failover CLuster

MatStack
Level 2

Hi everybody,

I've got just some questions about DCO and DRL in Storage Foundation. Maybe someone can help ;)

I have a 2 nodes failover cluster (windows 2012) and I use Storage Foundation 6.0.2 to create a Dynamic Disk Group. This dynamic disk group contains 2 SAN disks (these disks are located on remote and separated storage arrays) and the option "Create cluster Group" is enabled.

I create a new volume (mirrored option enabled) and then, I add Log (DRL) & FastResync (FastResync is mirrored beetweend disks)

Sometimes, when a network failure occurs, I have to remove and add again the DRL on the disks which was previously in failure.

This behaviour is explained here.

Ok, now I wonder if I really need to add the DRL on disks ? I have read here that the DRL is built into DCO Version 20.

How can in know which version Storage Foundation uses ? I tried something like vxprint -g name-oft-he-disk-group -F%... but it didn't work.

For your information, here is the failue:

DRL-DCO.jpg

I do apologize for my english.

Regards.

MatStack

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

DRL functionality is built-in to DCO in UNIX, but I don't think the same is true for Windows, so I think for windows you still need a DRL, when you have a DCO.

It's pretty hard to get low-level information out of Windows - I think the most you can get out with standard tools is "vxprint -l". 

Mike

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

DRL functionality is built-in to DCO in UNIX, but I don't think the same is true for Windows, so I think for windows you still need a DRL, when you have a DCO.

It's pretty hard to get low-level information out of Windows - I think the most you can get out with standard tools is "vxprint -l". 

Mike

MatStack
Level 2

Thanks Mike, I'll keep DRL and DCO !