cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Private cloud offers benefits without compromising on availability and security

Marie_Pettersso
Level 3
Employee Accredited

Symantec’s recent Virtualization and Evolution to the Cloud Survey found that 67 percent of IT and C-level professionals are less confident about placing mission-critical applications on a private/hybrid cloud due to business requirements for high availability SLAs. This concern extends to their storage environment as well, with 82 percent of respondents selecting improved availability as an important goal for deciding to implement private storage-as-a-service.

“IT architects appreciate the promise of the private cloud, but beneath the hype they are grappling with very real questions,” said Anil Chakravarthy, Senior Vice President, Storage and Availability Management Group, Symantec. “How do I transform my infrastructure to make it more agile? How do I give it the characteristics of a public cloud without compromising on availability and security?”

With Symantec, IT organizations can build their own resilient private clouds by tapping into the investments they have already made in their data center. With this release, organizations can:

• Manage business services end-to-end across heterogeneous platforms
  • Deploy resilient, elastic storage for cloud workloads
  • Reduce the storage footprint through deduplication, compression and thin reclamation
  •  Use a single pane of glass for intelligent reporting and non-disruptive remediation

Read more

0 REPLIES 0