cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with keyless license for Veritas Storage Foundation 5.1

Pffff_01
Level 2

Hi all,

I recently downloaded Veritas SF 5.1 with HA from Fileconnect.

I was following the steps outlined by this document :

http://sfdoccentral.symantec.com/sf/5.1/solaris/html/sf_install/ch05s03.htm

Upon installing, I did not see this Step :

Step10. select #2
( 2) Enable keyless licensing and complete system licensing later)

Infact, once I selected the type of SF I wanted to install  (recommended), instead of giving me the option for keyless license it straight away started installing and in the end it was saying :

SF is unlicensed on all systems

Enter a SF license key : [b,q,?]

If I chose b (back), it went back to saying SF is unlicensed etc etc...so I had to quit.

Any idea why this is happening? I need to install it quite urgently so appreciate the feedbacks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Gaurav_S
   VIP    Certified

was there any old product installed on the server anytime ? or did u uninstalled any old version of software from the server ? Just thinking if there was a old configuration lying on server typically in /VXVM-CFG-BACKUP directory....

Once above was over, did u see any license on server ?

# vxlicrep -e   

Any contents in  /etc/vx/licenses/lic/     folder ?

If its urgent, you can install the license using

# vxlicinst

so that work goes on & later on diagnose on why it didn't asked for licensing step...

You need to see through install logs to know more.... Install logs could be in /var/tmp/install   (installer would have pointed you for install log folder)

Gaurav

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Gaurav_S
   VIP    Certified

was there any old product installed on the server anytime ? or did u uninstalled any old version of software from the server ? Just thinking if there was a old configuration lying on server typically in /VXVM-CFG-BACKUP directory....

Once above was over, did u see any license on server ?

# vxlicrep -e   

Any contents in  /etc/vx/licenses/lic/     folder ?

If its urgent, you can install the license using

# vxlicinst

so that work goes on & later on diagnose on why it didn't asked for licensing step...

You need to see through install logs to know more.... Install logs could be in /var/tmp/install   (installer would have pointed you for install log folder)

Gaurav