cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RUNQ values increased after upgrade to SFHA 6.1/RHEL5

Mouse
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi all,

IHAC who has upgraded their SF HA 6.1 on RHEL 5 and noticed their RUNQ increased four times (0.1 avg to 0.4 avg). AFAIK, nothing has been changed during the upgrade.

I'm wondering if it's an isolated case or expected behavior?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Gaurav_S
   VIP    Certified

Hello,

I wouldn't expect this behavior with an upgrade & I don't see any such issue reported in the "known issues" section of SF6.1 release notes.

I would assume this to be an isolated case, if you are pretty sure that nothing else has changed (application load, any storage related change, any SAN/NAS switch related change), then I would recommend to open up a case with Symantec & seek inputs.

G

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Gaurav_S
   VIP    Certified

Hello,

I wouldn't expect this behavior with an upgrade & I don't see any such issue reported in the "known issues" section of SF6.1 release notes.

I would assume this to be an isolated case, if you are pretty sure that nothing else has changed (application load, any storage related change, any SAN/NAS switch related change), then I would recommend to open up a case with Symantec & seek inputs.

G

TonyGriffiths
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi,

I Agree with Gaurav, that if its persists and is the only change, then please open up a support case.

If you are using the SmartIO feature in 6.1, you should also consider this patch:

https://sort.symantec.com/patch/detail/8380

cheers

tony

Mouse
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Thanks guys