Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SF, SFHA and SFHA/DR

Wangui
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi,

Can somebody give me a comparison on these three features please? I know there is a table but can't find the link.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

SF gives redundancy for storage at a local site - i.e for failure of disks (or usually arrays), FC switches & HBA cards, by giving you mirroring and Disk Multipathing.

SFHA adds VCS (Veritas Cluster Server) which gives redundancy for servers on a local site - ie for failure of Server hardware, O/S or applications by monitoring servers (heartbeating) and applications).  It does also protect againt network failures (switch and NICs), although most of this work is often done by the O/S with NIC bonding and similar technology's.

SFHA/DR extends on SFHA to give redundancy of servers across sites and controls data replication for the protection of your data across sites so you can control hardware replication such as SRDF and HTC,   database replication such as Oracle Dataguard, or VVR (Veritas Volume Replicator) which is an extention of SF which gives replication of data over IP.

Mike

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

SF gives redundancy for storage at a local site - i.e for failure of disks (or usually arrays), FC switches & HBA cards, by giving you mirroring and Disk Multipathing.

SFHA adds VCS (Veritas Cluster Server) which gives redundancy for servers on a local site - ie for failure of Server hardware, O/S or applications by monitoring servers (heartbeating) and applications).  It does also protect againt network failures (switch and NICs), although most of this work is often done by the O/S with NIC bonding and similar technology's.

SFHA/DR extends on SFHA to give redundancy of servers across sites and controls data replication for the protection of your data across sites so you can control hardware replication such as SRDF and HTC,   database replication such as Oracle Dataguard, or VVR (Veritas Volume Replicator) which is an extention of SF which gives replication of data over IP.

Mike

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I know the table that you are looking for, but my 'Google skills' are letting me down...

Please see if this URL helps:

https://sort.symantec.com/public/documents/sfha/6.0/solaris/productguides/html/sfha_whats_new/ch01s12.htm