cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SFW 5.0 x64 install on Windows Server 2003 Ent SP2 x64 - Machine Type Mismatch Error

RB42
Level 2

I'm trying to automate an installation of SFW 5.0 (all 64bit) for Windows Server 2003 Enterprise x64 (AMD64). All goes well, except for a pop-up information message I get during the silent install that halts the process:

IDriver.exe Machine Type Mismatch

The image file C:\program files (x86)\Veritas\Security\Authentication\bin\InstHelper64.exe is valid, but is for a machine type other than the current machine.

Clicking OK allows the process to complete, everything is installed correctly. In the directory noted above, there  is also an InstHelper64AMD.exe, which is probably what should be run instead...

This kind of kills the whole process.. I have possibly hundreds of systems needing an automated install (via MS ADS), and this causes the task to time-out and fail, as setup never completes.  No-one will be present to click "ok" on the console in this environment.

Anyone got any suggestions? This hasn't showed up in any searches other than someone trying to install the wrong veritas software on Solaris... in this case, the software is the correct version for the OS.

-=RB42

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RB42
Level 2

Sounds like a plan. I had tried setting driver signing policy to silently succeed as well per another user's suggestion, and while it appeared to resolve the issue at first, a clean install showed that it still existed. (not sure why).

I'll contact support about this, but if it's fully supported, I'd prefer having to change just one file in the ADS image, it's much simpler.

Thanks!

-=RB42

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Jeffrey_Armor1
Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified

This is fixed in SFW 5.0 RP1a (Rollup Patch 1a). A slipstreamed build is available through Support for SFW only. SFWHA slipstream isn't available. Alternately, you can download RP1a and replace the appropriate MSI in SFW with the one from RP1a. If this is the preferred option, please contact me, as a Support Exception would be required and I will need to identify the MSI to be replaced.

{removed}

[Edited: Removed personal information per the community rules and regulations.]

Message Edited by Brad_C on 10-31-2008 02:19 PM

RB42
Level 2

Sounds like a plan. I had tried setting driver signing policy to silently succeed as well per another user's suggestion, and while it appeared to resolve the issue at first, a clean install showed that it still existed. (not sure why).

I'll contact support about this, but if it's fully supported, I'd prefer having to change just one file in the ADS image, it's much simpler.

Thanks!

-=RB42