cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trialware Downloads of Previous Version of Storage Foundation?

fio-steve
Not applicable

Does anyone have a URL that I can use to download trailware (free/full-install but time-limited or somewhat feature-constrained) of previous versions of Storage Foundation?

In particular, I work for a solid state storage vendor and I need to test with VxVM 

V5.0.40 MP4/V5.1.101.000 SP1RP1

on RHEL 5.5 for the sake of a mutual customer.

Thanks!
--Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonyGriffiths
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi Steve,

Typically only the latest versions will be available on trialware. Other versions are available on the fileconnect download portal (below). Note the customer will require their serial key to login.

http://www.symantec.com/downloads/fileconnect/

thanks

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

TonyGriffiths
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi Steve,

Typically only the latest versions will be available on trialware. Other versions are available on the fileconnect download portal (below). Note the customer will require their serial key to login.

http://www.symantec.com/downloads/fileconnect/

thanks

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I don't think there are any public Symantec sites to download older versions, but if you contact your Symantec Account manager, they may be able to get old version, as it is quite easy to get internally or as Tony says, use FileConnect

Mike

joseph_dangelo
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Steve,

In reality, you do not need to download the "Trialware" version of SF 5.1 due to the fact that our Keyless feature allows for a 60 Eval period irrespective of the download source.  Therefore,  if you have a copy of 5.1 anywhere available to you, then you can install it without a license key. 

5.0 MP# versions however will require you to obtain a 60 Temp Key with an option for a 30 Day extension from your local Account/SE team. They should also be able to generate temp serial numbers for you to download the binaries for both version should you not already have them.

Please let us know know if you are having issue with identifying who your local Account Rep/SE is.

Hope this helps,

Joe D