cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to Solaris 10 vxvm via vea GUI from windows pc

Kumaran_Ramalin
Level 2
Hello all,
I have installed Solaris 10 on a V880 and installed Storage foundation 4.1 everything works fine. I am trying to connect to this server from a windows PC vea GUI.

I get Error V- 39-53247-1. Error while connecting to server xyz. Could not connect to server. Server may be down.

But the server is up and running and able to ssh or telnet to it from the Windows PC !!!

Google search recommends installing and enable the server on Windows PC. I just want to use the PC vea gui client.

Vea works fine when launching directly from Solaris 10 box.

Can any one point me to a solution for this problem. Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2

Chandra_Tanniru
Not applicable
1. Make sure that you have the correct version of VEA Windows GUI that can be used for the VEA server on the Solaris host.
2. On the Solaris 10 box, run the following command to check the VEA server is running.

# /etc/init.d/isisd status

If it's not running, start it.

# /etc/init.d/isisd start

3. If you did JASS 4.2 or + on Solaris 10 box, check the /etc/hosts.allow and /etc/hosts.deny files.

Check the VEA user guide if there are any special instructions.

Michael_Willard
Level 3
Partner Accredited Certified
Kumaran,

Run these commands and you should be able to connect to vea.

#### CMDLINE for Configuring VEA

# /opt/VRTSat/bin/vssregctl -f /etc/vx/vss/VRTSat.conf -s -b Security/Authentication/Client -k ConnectTimeout -v 20 -t int

# /opt/VRTSobc/pal33/bin/vxregctl /etc/vx/isis/Registry setvalue Software/VERITAS/VxSvc/CurrentVersion Mode REG_INT 1

# /opt/VRTSobc/pal33/bin/vxregctl /etc/vx/isis/Registry setvalue Software/VERITAS/VRTSobc/pal33/Agents/__defaults/Network/Params/Security VXPALSECURITY REG_SZ y

# /opt/VRTSobc/pal33/bin/vxregctl /etc/vx/isis/Registry setvalue Software/VERITAS/VRTSobc/pal33/Agents/__defaults/Network/Params/Security DomainController REG_SZ

# /opt/VRTSobc/pal33/bin/vxregctl /etc/vx/isis/Registry deletevalue Software/VERITAS/VRTSobc/pal33/Agents/__defaults/Network/Params/Security AuthenticationBroker

# /opt/VRTSobc/pal33/bin/vxregctl /etc/vx/isis/Registry setvalue Software/VERITAS/VRTSobc/pal33/Agents/__defaults Mode REG_INT 1_PLAT_RMR

# /opt/VRTSobc/pal33/bin/vxini -f /etc/default/csf_resolv.conf -i -s SECURITY -k PROTOCOL_TYPE -v high

# /opt/VRTSobc/pal33/bin/vxini -f /etc/default/csf_resolv.conf -i -s SECURITY -k DOMAIN_TYPE -v localhost

# /opt/VRTSobc/pal33/bin/vxini -f /etc/default/csf_resolv.conf -i -s DOMAIN_CONTROLLER -k domain -v

# /opt/VRTSobc/pal33/install/cfgsecurity.sh -a root

# pkgrm VRTSfspro VRTSvmpro VRTSvrpro VRTSobgui VRTSob

#pkgadd VRTSob VRTSobgui VRTSvrpro VRTSvmpro VRTSfspro

# reboot