cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgradation from sfha/dr 5.0 MP3RP3 to sfha 6.0.3

Zahid_Haseeb
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Existing Environment

Two nodes cluster at primary site and one node cluster at dr site (GCO)

OS on all nodes = rhel 5.3

sfha/dr version = 5.0 mp3rp3

Agenda

Plan to upgdate the sfha/dr version from 5.0 mp3rp3 to sfha/dr 6.0.3

Question

1.) Can we upgrade directly from 5.0 mp3rp3 to 6.0.3 which I feel is the latest version ?

2.) As per the below snap of product matrix I only need to upgrade my rhel OS from 5.3 to 5.6 atleast. Correct ?

Screenshot from 2013-04-17 11:09:22.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

starflyfly
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

So, Zahid

Fror your question:

Question

1.) Can we upgrade directly from 5.0 mp3rp3 to 6.0.3 which I feel is the latest version ?<<<no,

2.) As per the below snap of product matrix I only need to upgrade my rhel OS from 5.3 to 5.6 atleast. Correct ?<<<yes, upgrade to 5.5 will ok according release notes said.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

g_lee
Level 6

Zahid,

As usual, the documentation on SORT would be a good place to start.

SFHA 6.0.3 (Linux) Release notes - available here: https://sort.symantec.com/documents/doc_details/sfha/6.0.3/Linux/ProductGuides/
----------
Supported upgrade paths (p158)
This section describes the supported upgrade paths for this release.
• 6.0.1 to 6.0.3
• 6.0.2 to 6.0.3
----------

... so check the requirements for 6.0.2 since this is a prerequisite to upgrade to 6.0.3

SFHA 6.0.2 (Linux) Installation Guide - available here: https://sort.symantec.com/documents/doc_details/sfha/6.0.2/Linux/ProductGuides/
----------
Supported upgrade paths for SFHA 6.0.2 (p200)
Veritas software versions: 5.0MP3 5.0MP4
RHEL5: Upgrade to RHEL5 U5. Use the installer to upgrade to 6.0.2.
----------

So this is a start. Suggest looking at the LBN and release notes for any specific requirements for your platform before you start the "upgdate" [sic]

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

As Grace says, look at the release notes and install guides for upgrade paths, but note even if the installer does not support a particular path, you can always do uninstall followed by install new version if the O/S version is supported by both "from" and "to" SFHA versions.  When you uninstall I think config files are left behind (llttab, llthosts, gabtab, main.cf, types.cf, *Types,cf), but I always back these up, even when using installer to upgrade. 

Mike

starflyfly
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

So, Zahid

Fror your question:

Question

1.) Can we upgrade directly from 5.0 mp3rp3 to 6.0.3 which I feel is the latest version ?<<<no,

2.) As per the below snap of product matrix I only need to upgrade my rhel OS from 5.3 to 5.6 atleast. Correct ?<<<yes, upgrade to 5.5 will ok according release notes said.

Zahid_Haseeb
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Thanks starflyfly :)