cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VCS and HP NIC teaming

ymash
Not applicable
Hello,

I am having some weird problems with my VCS. I have two DL380G5 new servers. new OS 64-bit install. when I installed Storage Foundation, the server I was installing from hung and I had to do a hard reset a few hours later. ever since I installed SFW, it seems that the server are now unstable, one blue screened a couple of times and sometimes they hang while logging in where I have to do a hard reset to bring them back up. sometimes I have to reset them twice to get them to come up. Also, it seems that I can't ping all hosts on the network. I get a reply from some hosts and not other (all hosts are in the same VLAN and on the smae switch). also, some hosts reply a couple of times out of the four pings.

Could the HP NIC teaming be causing these issues? I have the latest drivers from them. Has anyone experienced anything like this? any suggestions?

thanksm
3 REPLIES 3

canh
Level 2
I'm also experiencing the same problem.  My SFCSF works fine after installed/configured but it does not work after a reboot.  It seems like llt does not startup correctly after a reboot.  I noticed /dev/llt does not create after a reboot and I ran "pkill vx" and that fixed the /dev/llt problem but I have to startup everything manually.  I noticed the load is very high after a reboot.

cat /etc/llttab

set-node system01
set-cluster 1
link eth3 eth-MAC- ether - -
link-lowpri bond0 eth-MAC- ether - -
Please help,
Thanks,
~C

Andreas_Lundgre
Level 3
Is teaming supported in llt? I had to do without teaming for my windows cluster heartbeat links, I am using it with no problems on the production lan though.

/Andreas

Douglas_Snyder
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified
Hello ymash,

Try updating the mimiport drivers for Windows as well.  In my previous job we really struggled with HP teaming (in all situations) untill the miniport drivers were updated.  Good luck.