cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VEA for linux

akiro
Level 3
Hi,
sorry for my poor english, but I have a question.

Someone work, have installed,... the Veritas Enterprise Administrator on a workstation that it's not a Red Hat or Suse?

I'm using a Mandriva 2009 one and I wolud like to connect to the VEA of a server where is installed the Veritas Storage Foundation to manage volume and disk groups.

Thanks for the advice.
Bye
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Dev_Roy
Level 6
Accredited Certified
Hi,

Mandriva is not supported by us. Only official supported Linux versions are RedHat and SuSE. If someone has managed to work VM on any other flavour of Linux then again it is not supported and we do not have any package for Mandriva.

Regards,
Dev Roy.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Dev_Roy
Level 6
Accredited Certified
Hi,

Mandriva is not supported by us. Only official supported Linux versions are RedHat and SuSE. If someone has managed to work VM on any other flavour of Linux then again it is not supported and we do not have any package for Mandriva.

Regards,
Dev Roy.

doleary
Not applicable
An alternative for you is to run VEA on another machine (ie, windows) and use something like Remote Desktop to connect to that box. Or you could even run a virtual machine on your linux desktop, such as VirtualBox,  load windows in that, and then load VEA in the vm.

Hope this helps!
Dave

akiro
Level 3
thanks for the advice, but I haven't windows on my notebook, and I prefer don't install it.
I think that my pc is enough powerful to run VirtualBox and emulate Windows. I am trying to connect to VEA of server by X-forwarding.

bye