cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Veritas Storage Foundation Cluster File System

I have 2 linux node on that i need to install Veritas Storage Foundation Cluster File System and after that created the share file system /data1 should be on shared storage and be available on two cluster nodes simultaneously as shared file systems. it is possibel ? if it possible please send me the configuration doc aur any useful link so i can configured the same on my server

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Accepted Solution!

yes, it is very much possible

yes, it is very much possible & thats basically the use of CFS to have a mount point simultaneously accessed from multiple nodes..

regarding the config, did u had a look at SFCFS install & admin guide ? though the entire guide is worth to read however for your current requirement ... I would suggest to read the below chapter..

https://sort.symantec.com/public/documents/sfha/5.1sp1/linux/productguides/html/sfcfs_admin/ch03.htm

Gaurav

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
Accepted Solution!

yes, it is very much possible

yes, it is very much possible & thats basically the use of CFS to have a mount point simultaneously accessed from multiple nodes..

regarding the config, did u had a look at SFCFS install & admin guide ? though the entire guide is worth to read however for your current requirement ... I would suggest to read the below chapter..

https://sort.symantec.com/public/documents/sfha/5.1sp1/linux/productguides/html/sfcfs_admin/ch03.htm

Gaurav

View solution in original post

Highlighted

This is quite straight

This is quite straight forward.  The installation and configuration wizards will do most of the work for you, setting up I/O fencing and basic VCS structure with a "cvm" service group.  To add a mount is very similar to a normal mount and just involves importing diskgroup with "-s" option and then adding mount to VCS configuration, so for example:

vxdg -s init datadg disk01

vxassist -g datdg make data1vol 10g

mkfs -t vxfs /dev/vx/rdsk/datadg/data1vo l

The above creates filesystem which is available to both systems.  Then add to VCS and mount:

cfsmntadm add datadg data1vol /data1 cvm all=suid,rw

cfsmount /data1 

If you are familiar with VCS, then you can add resource to VCS manually and control using VCS commands.

Mike
Highlighted

After Configuring CVM Service

After Configuring CVM Service group i am able to mount my same mount point to the both the Server at the same the and we can able to acess this mount at same time ?

Highlighted

Yes that is correct. Mike

Yes that is correct.

Mike

Highlighted

Just a small addition needed

Just a small addition needed :

vxdg -s init datadg disk01

vxassist -g datdg make data1vol 10g

mkfs -t vxfs /dev/vx/rdsk/datadg/data1vo l

The above creates filesystem which is available to both systems.  Then add to VCS and mount:

---> cfsdgadm add datadg all=sw

cfsmntadm add datadg data1vol /data1 cvm all=suid,rw

cfsmount /data1