cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Veritas Storage Foundation Cluster File System

suchit
Level 3
Partner

I have 2 linux node on that i need to install Veritas Storage Foundation Cluster File System and after that created the share file system /data1 should be on shared storage and be available on two cluster nodes simultaneously as shared file systems. it is possibel ? if it possible please send me the configuration doc aur any useful link so i can configured the same on my server

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Gaurav_S
   VIP    Certified

yes, it is very much possible & thats basically the use of CFS to have a mount point simultaneously accessed from multiple nodes..

regarding the config, did u had a look at SFCFS install & admin guide ? though the entire guide is worth to read however for your current requirement ... I would suggest to read the below chapter..

https://sort.symantec.com/public/documents/sfha/5.1sp1/linux/productguides/html/sfcfs_admin/ch03.htm

Gaurav

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Gaurav_S
   VIP    Certified

yes, it is very much possible & thats basically the use of CFS to have a mount point simultaneously accessed from multiple nodes..

regarding the config, did u had a look at SFCFS install & admin guide ? though the entire guide is worth to read however for your current requirement ... I would suggest to read the below chapter..

https://sort.symantec.com/public/documents/sfha/5.1sp1/linux/productguides/html/sfcfs_admin/ch03.htm

Gaurav

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

This is quite straight forward.  The installation and configuration wizards will do most of the work for you, setting up I/O fencing and basic VCS structure with a "cvm" service group.  To add a mount is very similar to a normal mount and just involves importing diskgroup with "-s" option and then adding mount to VCS configuration, so for example:

vxdg -s init datadg disk01

vxassist -g datdg make data1vol 10g

mkfs -t vxfs /dev/vx/rdsk/datadg/data1vo l

The above creates filesystem which is available to both systems.  Then add to VCS and mount:

cfsmntadm add datadg data1vol /data1 cvm all=suid,rw

cfsmount /data1 

If you are familiar with VCS, then you can add resource to VCS manually and control using VCS commands.

Mike

suchit
Level 3
Partner

After Configuring CVM Service group i am able to mount my same mount point to the both the Server at the same the and we can able to acess this mount at same time ?

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Yes that is correct.

Mike

guyver-t1
Level 2

Just a small addition needed :

vxdg -s init datadg disk01

vxassist -g datdg make data1vol 10g

mkfs -t vxfs /dev/vx/rdsk/datadg/data1vo l

The above creates filesystem which is available to both systems.  Then add to VCS and mount:

---> cfsdgadm add datadg all=sw

cfsmntadm add datadg data1vol /data1 cvm all=suid,rw

cfsmount /data1